Aligned to Science TEKS with clear Learning Outcomes, this unit covers instructional content including Population Growth, Characteristics of Populations, and Limits to Growth.
- 7D Analyze and evaluate how the elements of natural selection, including inherited variation, the potential of a population to produce more offspring than can survive, and a finite supply of environmental resources, result in differential reproductive success
- 11B Investigate and analyze how organisms, populations, and communities respond to external factors
- 12A Interpret relationships, including predation, parasitism, commensalism, mutualism, and competition among organisms
- 12D Recognize that long-term survival of species is dependent on changing resource bases that are limited
- 12F Describe how environmental change can impact ecosystem stability