Aligned to Science TEKS with clear Learning Outcomes, this unit covers instructional content including Sources of Genetic Variation, Natural Selection in Populations, Evolutionary Mechanisms, Speciation, and Patterns of Evolution.
- 7C Analyze and evaluate how natural selection produces change in populations, not individuals
- 7D Analyze and evaluate how the elements of natural selection, including inherited variation, the potential of a population to produce more offspring than can survive, and a finite supply of environmental resources result in differential reproductive success
- 7E Analyze and evaluate the relationship of natural selection to adaptation and to the development of diversity in and among species
- 7F Analyze and evaluate the effects of other evolutionary mechanisms, including genetic drift, gene flow, mutation, and recombination
- 12B Compare variations and adaptations of organisms in different ecosystems