Aligned to Science TEKS with clear Learning Outcomes, this unit covers instructional content including Early Ideas of Evolution, Charles Darwin, and Evidence of evolution.
- 3F Research and describe the history of biology and contributions of scientists
- 7A Analyze and evaluate how evidence of common ancestry among groups is provided by the fossil record, biogeography, and homologies, including anatomical, molecular, and developmental
- 7B Analyze and evaluate scientific explanations concerning any data of sudden appearance, stasis, and sequential nature of groups in the fossil record
- 7D Analyze and evaluate how the elements of natural selection, including inherited variation, the potential of a population to produce more offspring than can survive, and a finite supply of environmental resources result in differential reproductive success
- 7E Analyze and evaluate the relationship of natural selection to adaptation and to the development of diversity in and among species
- 12B Compare variations and adaptations of organisms in different ecosystems