Aligned to Science TEKS with clear Learning Outcomes, this unit covers instructional content including Function of Immune System, Types of Pathogens, Nonspecific Defense, Specific Defense, and Types of Immunity.
- 10A Describe the interactions that occur among systems that perform the functions of regulation, nutrient absorption, reproduction, and defense from injury or illness in animals
- 10C Analyze the levels of organization in biological systems and relate the levels to each other and to the whole system
- 11A Describe the role of internal feedback mechanisms in the maintenance of homeostasis
- 11B Investigate and analyze how organisms, populations, and communities respond to external factors
- 11C Summarize the role of microorganisms in both maintaining and disrupting the health of both organisms and ecosystems