Aligned to Science TEKS with clear Learning Outcomes, this unit covers instructional content including Types of Nutrients, Digestion, Anatomy of Digestive Systems, Absorption of Nutrients, Excretory System Role in Homeostasis, and Anatomy of Urinary System.
- 9A Compare the structures and functions of different types of biomolecules, including carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids
- 9C Identify and investigate the role of enzymes
- 10A Describe the interactions that occur among systems that perform the functions of regulation, nutrient absorption, reproduction, and defense from injury or illness in animals
- 10C Analyze the levels of organization in biological systems and relate the levels to each other and to the whole system
- 11A Describe the role of internal feedback mechanisms in the maintenance of homeostasis
- 11B Investigate and analyze how organisms, populations, and communities respond to external factors