Aligned to Science TEKS with clear Learning Outcomes, this unit covers instructional content including Structure of RNA, Transcription, Translation, Gene Regulation, and Mutations.
- 4A Compare and contrast prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- 4B Investigate and explain cellular processes, including homeostasis, energy conversions, transport of molecules, and synthesis of new molecules
- 6A Identify components of DNA and describe how information for specifying the traits of an organism is carried in the DNA
- 6B Recognize that components that make up the genetic code are common to all organisms
- 6C Explain the purpose and process of transcription and translation using models of DNA and RNA
- 6D Recognize that gene expression is a regulated process
- 6E Identify and illustrate changes in DNA and evaluate the significance of these changes