Aligned to Science TEKS with clear Learning Outcomes, this unit covers instructional content including Chromosome Structure, Limits to Cell Growth, Cell Cycle, Mitosis and Cytokinesis, Regulation of the Cell Cycle, and Cell Differentiation.
- 5A Describe the stages of the cell cycle, including deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) replication and mitosis, and the importance of the cell cycle to the growth of organisms
- 5B Examine specialized cells, including roots, stems, and leaves of plants; and animal cells such as blood, muscle, and epithelium
- 5C Describe the roles of DNA, ribonucleic acid (RNA), and environmental factors in cell differentiation
- 5D Recognize that disruption of the cell cycle leads to diseases such as cancer
- 6A Identify components of DNA and describe how information for specifying the traits of an organism is carried in the DNA
- 10C Analyze levels of organization in biological systems and relate the levels to each other and to the whole system