The Primary and Secondary Coils are ideal for student experiments on transformer effects.
- Soft Iron Core Provided
- Binding Posts for Both Coils Provided
- Inner Coil Inductance: 78 ± 22µH
- Inner Coil Resistance: 0.4 ± 0.1Ω
- Outer Coil Inductance: 63 ±3mH
- Outer Coil Resistance: 97 ±2Ω
The inner coil has heavier wire and serves as the primary coil. It has 150 turns, its inductance is 78 ± 22 µH, has a resistance of 0.4 ± 0.1Ω, and its capacitance is 142±2pF. Its base is 4.5 x 4.5 cm.
The outer coil has fine, insulated wire on a plastic spool with square ends to support it vertically or horizontally. It has 3300 turns, its inductance is 63 ±3 mH, its resistance is 97 ±2Ω, and its capacitance is 124 ±2pF. Its base is 4.5 x 4.5 cm.