Teacher’s Master Set for Use with Student GEO-logic® Physical Geology Sets
Ideal for teaching the rock cycle, physical properties of minerals, mineral and rock identification, rock formation, and the economic importance of earth materials. The complete GEO-logic set includes an illustrated teacher’s guide with suggested class activities: physical properties and identification of minerals; categorizing minerals by chemical groups, identifying and classifying rocks into major groups; relating rocks to rock cycle; and uses of minerals and rocks. The set is housed in a compartmented collection box.Contents:50 numbered samples, 1" x 2"; magnifierMinerals (28)Rocks:Igneous (7)Sedimentary (9)Metamorphic (6)
GEO-logic is a unique, comprehensive series of teaching collections designed to assist both teacher and student in understanding basic earth science concepts through hands-on activities and carefully prepared teacher and student guides.
The GEO-logic system provides a modular approach to teaching and allows you to address broad curriculum needs for the study of minerals and rocks; natural resources and energy; and fossils and earth history. The two types of GEO-logic teaching collections include:
• A Reference Set, which provides an overview of all topics and comes with a teacher’s guide
• Activity Sets, which provide greater depth in an individual subject area and include both a teacher’s guide and student copymasters
The GEO-logic system is:
• Developed jointly by experienced educators and WARD’S staff geologists
• Designed to save valuable planning and preparation time.
• Created from quality teaching materials for hands-on learning
• Classroom tested for dependability
Each GEO-logic collection includes:
• Individually numbered specimens chosen for their quality and character
• Activity guides with learning objectives and hands-on activities for your students to perform
• An attractive, durable compartmented box for easy use and storage