A Complete Kit to Communicate the Concept of Hardness in Minerals
- Developed jointly by experienced educators and Ward's® staff geologists
- Classroom tested for dependability
- Designed to save valuable planning and preparation time
Students will understand the differences in mineral composition when they use our GEO-logic set to investigate variations in mineral hardness. A teacher's guide and student copymasters are included for the following activities: relative scale of hardness, significance of hardness, and procedure for establishing hardness. The set is housed in a compartmented collection box.
GEO-logic is a unique, comprehensive series of teaching collections designed to assist both teacher and student in understanding basic earth science concepts through hands-on activities and carefully prepared teacher and student guides.
The GEO-logic system provides a modular approach to teaching and allows you to address broad curriculum needs for the study of minerals and rocks; natural resources and energy; and fossils and earth history. The three types of GEO-logic teaching collections include:
• A Reference Set, which provides an overview of all topics and comes with a teacher’s guide
• Topic Sets, which provide greater depth in an individual subject area and include both a teacher’s guide and student copymasters
• Classroom Bundles, which provide 15 bulk-packaged samples included in the reference or topic set and 15 sets of any required testing materials included with the corresponding set
*Classroom Bundles are bulk-packaged and do not include display boxes, or teacher/student activity guides.
9 individually numbered samples, 1x2"
Minerals: apatite, calcite, corundum, fluorite, microcline, quartz, selenite, talc, topaz