Observe color changes through chemical redox reactions of complex ions.
- Understand and demonstrate redox reactions of complex ions
- Aligned to NGSS practices
- Cross cutting concepts: patterns
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A, PS1.B
- Learn engineering practices: analyzing and interpreting data
Hydrogen peroxide is added to a solution of sodium potassium tartrate and heated. Copper sulfate solution is added and the solution turns light blue. With continued heating the solution foams and turns orange-gold.
Caution: WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including strong inorganic acid mists containing sulfuric acid, which are known to the state of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov