Prepare for upcoming competitions with this practice kit, the only kits officially licensed and approved by Science Olympiad.
- Designed hand-in-hand with the National Event Supervisors
- Aligned to NGSS-based Science Olympiad events
- Event rules can be downloaded FREE from the Science Olympiad website: https://www.soinc.org
- Approximately 4 planes can be built from this kit
- Wright Stuff Kit plane also conforms to national Science Olympiad rules for the base of an ELECTRIC WRIGHT STUFF plane (not including motor components)
The 2021-2022 Science Olympiad kits were developed to provide an introduction to each event and are not intended to be an 'out of the box solution' or competition. Students and competitors should practice innovation and creativity to make their design their own competition-ready device/activity.
Ordering information: Ward’s Science is not able to provide a complete kit and guide for the Science Olympiad ELECTRIC WRIGHT STUFF event this year. However, the 2022 Wright Stuff kit will provide an aircraft base that still adheres to the national competition rules. Teams will need to source the motor components separately and engineer a complete plane that is in accordance with the event rules in order to convert their Wright Stuff plane into an electric plane.
Delivery information: This kit features the following components, hand selected by the Science Olympiad Organization: Jet glue, Jet glue accelerator, 5 razor blades, spool of thread, 8 propellers, 50 grip pins, painter's tape, 4 produce bags, 12×15" ziptop bag, 2 oz. bottle with needle, 4 feet ³/₃₂" super sport rubber, 4 feet ¹/₁₆" super sport rubber, 4 feet ¹/₈" super sport rubber, (36) ¹/₈×¹/₈×36" balsa wood, (4) ³/₃₂×³/₃₂×36" balsa wood, (10) ¹/₁₆×¹/₁₆×36" balsa wood, (5) ¹/₈×¹/₄×36" balsa wood, (4) ¹/₄×³/₄×36" balsa wood, (5) ¹/₈×¹/₈×36" balsa wood, and (1) ¹/₁₆×3×36" balsa wood.