Case History features forensic science lab activities based on actual crimes.
- Online activity easily accessed via web browser
- Use any internet-ready device (desktop, laptop, tablet, Chromebook, smartphone)
- Problem-based learning that's aligned with NGSS standards
- Nine lab and 11 lessons activities for middle and high school students
- Students will apply science through real-world problem solving
The Frome murders prompted sensational nationwide news coverage as much because of the gruesome details of the murders as for the identity of the victims: two women of style and wealth, mother and daughter, traveling in their luxury car un-escorted through some of the most inhospitable terrain in America - the West Texas desert. This crime has never been solved.
In conducting the Diablo Highway lab activity based on the Frome Murders, students learn some of the tools and techniques of modern forensic science, and apply this knowledge to solve this long-cold case. Students will encounter: Blood Typing; Hair/Fingerprint Analysis; DNA Profiling; Shoe/Tire Impressions.
Ordering information: Licenses are single-use; while they do not expire, they are unique to a user and cannot be reassigned. Each new class must purchase their own licenses.