Leverage citizen science to enhance your students’ data analysis skills while teaching them about the impact of air quality on our health and environment.
- Air quality sensors for temperature (range 40° C, accuracy 0.2 °C), relative humidity (range 0 - 99; accuracy 1.8% RH), and barometric pressure
- Customize sensors to also measure Carbon Monoxide (CO), Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), Sulfur Dioxide (SO2), Ozone (O3), Particulates (PM 1.0, 2.5 and 10), and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Citizen science web portal and phone app, view and analyze global EPA Air Quality Index data
- Next Generation Science Standards curriculum includes pre-written labs for data collection and interpretation, weather tracking, photosynthesis, and more
- Access to training and support to implement the technology in your classroom
- Integrates with Google Classroom
The Air Quality Egg is a fun tool with interdisciplinary applications for encouraging global data literacy, inspiring future STEM professionals, and introducing air quality concepts in a real-world context.
It is a WiFi-enabled device (2.4 gHz network), that uses sensors to record changes in levels of temperature, barometric pressure, and relative humidity, along with CO, CO 2 , NO 2, SO 2 , VOCs, and particulates (PM 1.0, 2.5 and 10). Data is automatically uploaded to the cloud where it can be accessed through the web portal, mobile app, or manually downloaded via computer/tablet.
The organization subscription includes one outdoor egg, one indoor egg, a one-year subscription to the educator service plan, teacher and student guides with 70+ pages of Next Generation Science Standard-aligned curriculum, in-depth training for your whole team, installation assistance, and ongoing tech support. Upgrade to the Lifetime License to avoid the hassle of annual budget approvals.
Dimensions: 5.5 x 5.5 x 3.3 in (Indoor Egg); 2 x 5.8 x 5.8 in (Outdoor Egg)
Weight: 7.2 oz (Indoor Egg); 26 oz (Outdoor Egg)
Delivery information: The hardware sensors, software, training, technical support, web portal, access to other Egg educators, and curriculum are included.