Control a telescope wirelessly from an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet with the free Celestron mobile app.
- Explore the Universe and control the NexStar Evolution telescope with the free Celestron SkyPortal app for iOS and Android
- Rechargeable lithium-iron battery provides enough power for 10 hours of continuous observing
- Improved industrial design with manual clutches and integrated carry handles
- Added convenience of two accessory trays and a USB charge port for smart devices
- Computerized GoTo mount with high-performance brass worm gears and motors for improved tracking accuracy, and reduced gear backlash
For those interested in astroimaging, the 8" NexStar Evolution is an excellent and affordable way to get started. It’s the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers brass worm gears, along with improved motors. NexStar Evolution’s tracking accuracy is so impressive, it can capture images of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula by simply attaching a DSLR camera.
As the hobby of astroimaging progresses, users can add an HD Pro Wedge to achieve longer exposures for more detailed astrophotos. NexStar Evolution is compatible with the wedge when used with the CPC tripod (sold separately). The Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system offers bright, sharp views with StarBright XLT optical coatings; a great choice for visual observers and budding astroimagers alike.
NexStar Evolution is equipped with 4 auxiliary ports -2 on top of the fork and 2 on the bottom. A classic NexStar+ hand control is included, but is not necessary when using NexStar Evolution with the mobile app. The telescope also includes a StarPointer finderscope, two 1.25" Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25" star diagonal, and an AC adapter.