Scribbler 3 robot is the perfect place for students and teachers to begin their STEM journey.
- Fully assembled with a durable shell
- 8 pre-programmed play modes let your Scribbler interact with you, right out of the box
- Easy to program with our our free, open-source graphic and text based options
- Built-in sensors for line following, light seeking, object avoidance, and stall sensing
- DC motors with encoders allow for detailed scribbling, maze navigation, and distance control.
- Integrated pen port fits standard Sharpie pens or Board Dudes SRX Dry Erase Markers
- Speaker plays robot-generated musical notes and sound effects
The robust, easy-to-use S3 robot is simple enough to set up in minutes, and is powerful enough to teach engaging activities throughout the school year. Programming, robotics, and even integrating math and art are all possible with the S3.
The BlocklyProp online tool is the S3 robot’s primary programming environment. Its interlocking blocks with readable text let beginners build programs in an intuitive, visually logical way. The BlocklyProp tool exposes the S3’s encoders to provide control over distance and speed for all possible types of movement. Pre-made blocks support all of the S3 robot’s sensors, motors. In addition, blocks are included for select accessories that plug into the S3’s Hacker Port. Customize your S3 by connecting a Parallax Standard Servo, PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, or even an XBee RF module if you are an adventurous hacker willing to open the case.
Those who know the original S1 and S2 may also appreciate the S3 GUI for Windows as an easy transition for existing Scribbler curriculum.
And of course, the S3 robot’s Propeller microcontroller brain may also be programmed directly in Spin language or Propeller C by advanced users.
Drive wheel encoder resolution: 507.4 counts per revolution
Power requirements: 3.7 V; 4000 mAh Li-Po battery, included
Communication: Serial over USB to computer, cable included
Dimensions: 7.4 x 6.25 x 3.2 in (188 x 158.8 x 81 mm)
Operating temperature range:+50 to +104 °F(+10 to +40 °C)
Ordering information: Package contents include (1) Scribbler 3 Robot, fully assembled; (1) S3 Li-Po battery (in battery hatch); and (1) USB A to Micro-B programming/charging cable.