Explore Starfish Characteristics Microscopically
- Identifying features clearly distinguishable
- Rigorous quality control standards
Starfish are interesting animals and are members of the phylum Echinodermata
We offer individual starfish slides of:
▪ Starfish Arm - Cross sections through two regions of the arm.
▪ Starfish, Pedicellariae - Stalked type. Isolated organs.
▪ Starfish, Sperm - General structure of starfish sperm.
▪ Starfish, Testis - Displays structure of starfish testis.
▪ Starfish, Ovary - General structure of starfish ovary.
This phylum also includes sea urchins, sea cucumbers, and sand dollars, among others. Most echinoderms are able to grow back limbs and organs if they’ve been damaged or destroyed. Echinoderms have bilaterial symmetry (like humans) during early development but then shift to radial symmetry as they grow to maturity.