Most people are familiar with the key factors of hybrid technology: The engine and motor. However, most don't get a chance to peek inside of these key components while they're running to examine, assess, and diagnose.
- You and your students or colleagues can get that chance with this Toyota Prius hybrid engine cut-away which provides:
- Educationally functioning parallel-type hybrid system running a 1.5L gas engine and Nickel-Hydrogen motor powered by two external sets of 120V electric motors
- Cut-away engine and transmission mounted on a metal frame for clear view of the internal processes
- Display panel at the rear side of the frame exhibits the virtual working status of starting, driving status, high load, deceleration control, and HV battery charging
- Automatically selected power source when starting the motor, driving in normal conditions, and accelerating
- Driving status can be simulated by adjusting the rotary switch located in front of the unit
These items are made special to order and are not held in stock. Lead times are approximately two to three months. Freight charges may apply.
Type: Water cooled series, 4 cylinders
Valve: DOHC16 valves
Gross displacement: 1496 cc
3CM AC synchronous motor
Permanent magnet type synchronous motor
Engine: 77PS / 5,000 rpm
Motor: 68PS / 1,200~1,540 rpm
Engine: 11.7kg-m / 4,200 rpm
Motor: 40.8 kg-m / 0~1,200 rpm
Introduction to HEV Technology
Power Inverter Systems
Electric Propulsion Sensing Systems
Nickel-Metal Hydride Technology
Hybrid Vehicle Braking Systems
Textbook CD-ROM Includes: Quick Quizzes, Media Clips, Illustrated Glossary, Review Questions, and Flash Cards.