The LaMotte® topsoil tour is an exciting classroom investigation into the physical and chemical properties of soil.
- Instructor manual with everything you need from background information and setting up the classroom to a shopping list for everyday items
- Student manual including test procedure, data sheets, and puzzles
- Students work in groups and individually
- Encourages critical thinking and active learning
- Flipped learning: students can read background material before the lesson and apply knowledge to analyze their own classroom data
- Works on computer or tablet
- Great for inclusion classrooms
Each student on the Topsoil Tour completes seven units while conducting his/her own soil tests for soil texture, pH, nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium using simple TesTabs® reagent tablets. Incorporates math and science activities.
Activities can be modified to fit specific curriculum needs or learning opportunities. Data sheets and puzzles for each unit can be printed or filled electronically by students using a computer or tablet.
Ordering information: Includes instructor manual, student manual with data sheets and puzzles, classroom color chart, and reagents and sample test bags for 50 students.