What happens when a chemical reaction takes place?
- Students perform experiments that highlights differences in chemical reactions
- Single and double replacement reactions included
- Aligned to NGSS practices
- Performance expectations: MS-PS1-2,5; HS-PS1-1,7
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A, PS1.B
- Cross cutting concepts: Patterns, energy and matter
- Engineering practices: Developing and using models, analyzing and interpreting data
Chemical reactions take place all around us. Being able to identify reactions and communicate what is happening is vital to the scientific community. This kit will introduce two common types of chemical reactions: single replacement and double replacement. Students will perform a series of experiments highlighting the differences in these reactions and use what they learn to write balanced chemical reaction equations. Kit contains enough materials for 15 groups. Teacher’s manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
Delivery information: Instructor's manual and SDS included.