This large plasmid model teaches students the basics of recombinant DNA technology.
- Students Learn the Basics of Genetic Engineering
- Components Made of Durable Plastic
- Magnetic Strips Connect the Plasmid Model Pieces
- Material for 15 Demonstrations
- Manual and Instructional Video Included
The teacher explains the process of cutting plasmid DNA with restriction enzymes while students follow along using the included manipulative sets. The teacher then uses the laminated electrophoresis boards to represent the separation of fragments on a gel.
All components are made of durable plastic, and magnetic strips are included to mount the plasmid model pieces.
Ordering information: This kit includes a manual, instructional video, and material for 15 setups.