The next generation in laboratory burners. NextGen Bunsen Burners are designed to be the safest on the market.
- Designed for safety
- Produces an extremely hot, stable flame
- Expanded base prevents easy tipping, even with hoses connected
- Spaced feet so burner fits comfortably under stands
- Candle stick style handle allows user to move burner without getting harmed
- Equipped with gas adjustment under the burner and threaded air flow adjustment
- Specially designed, grid pattern flame stabilizer produces hotter flames than traditional Bunsen burners
- Base is coated with a chemical resistant powder coating
The Meker is a relatively radical sub type of the Bunsen that is designed to produce and extremely hot and stable flame. The Meker was designed around the principle that the hottest point of a flame is the outer tip of the inner flame. It features a grid that separates the flame into an array of much smaller flames, creating many more 'outer tips' or zones of highest temperature. Ribbed fuel input tube is 8 mm outside diameter, and versions jetted for liquid propane and natural gas are both available. Liquid propane version has a BTU range of approx. 1900 to 3100. Maximum temperature is approximately 1780 °C (3236 °F). Natural gas version has a BTU range of approx. 600 to 1100. Maximum temperature is approximately 1780 °C (3236 °F).
Ordering information: Neoprene connecting hoses, 60 or 90 cm (items 470121-742 and 470220-806), recommended.