Activities to Examine the Appearance of Minerals
Properties as easily observed as color, streak, and luster of a mineral aid the identification process. The GEO-logic activity set covers all three tests. A teacher's guide and student copymasters are included for the following activities: relation of streak to mineral, application of color and streak, and significance of luster. The set is housed in a compartmented collection box.Contents: 12 numbered samples, 1×2"; streak plate Minerals:azurite, galena, hematite (micaceous), hematite (oolitic), kaolin, limonite, nepheline, pyrite, rose quartz, sodalite, talc, zincite
GEO-logic is a unique, comprehensive series of teaching collections designed to assist both teacher and student in understanding basic earth science concepts through hands-on activities and carefully prepared teacher and student guides.
The GEO-logic system provides a modular approach to teaching and allows you to address broad curriculum needs for the study of minerals and rocks; natural resources and energy; and fossils and earth history. The two types of GEO-logic teaching collections include:
• A Reference Set, which provides an overview of all topics and comes with a teacher’s guide
• Activity Sets, which provide greater depth in an individual subject area and include both a teacher’s guide and student copymasters
The GEO-logic system is:
• Developed jointly by experienced educators and WARD’S staff geologists
• Designed to save valuable planning and preparation time.
• Created from quality teaching materials for hands-on learning
• Classroom tested for dependability
Each GEO-logic collection includes:
• Individually numbered specimens chosen for their quality and character
• Activity guides with learning objectives and hands-on activities for your students to perform
• An attractive, durable compartmented box for easy use and storage
Caution: Due to the nature of this product it may contain asbestos.