Learn about the rock cycle along with the mechanical and chemical erosion of rocks.
- Students will investigate the rock cycle, types of erosion, acid rain, and the freezing/thawing action of water on rocks.
- Aligned to NGSS Practices
- Performance expectations: MS-PS1-5; MS-ESS2-1; HS-ESS2-5
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.B; ESS2.A; ESS2.D
- Cross cutting concepts include energy and matter; stability and change; cause and effect
- Engineering practices include developing and Using Models; Plannign and Carrying Out Investigations
The rock cycle has been the subject of study for many years. A key component to the rock cycle is the mechanical and chemical erosion of rocks. In this kit students will learn about the rock cycle and the significance of certain types of erosion. This kit also provides an opportunity for students to investigate acid rain and other environmental factors that can be influenced by human actions. Also included is a demonstration that will help students visualize the freezing and thawing action of water on rocks. With multiple activities, this is a kit that is sure to keep students engaged throughout the whole experiment.
Delivery information: Kit includes instructional manual and SDS booklet.
Caution: This product can expose you to chemicals including Respirable crystalline silica, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.