Have an Arduino Uno? Make it the onboard brain of a mobile robot!
- Beginner-friendly - No programming experience needed
- Open platform - Exposed circuitry allows you to learn and create your own electronic circuits
- Solder-free - Experiment with custom circuits on the breadboard (no special-brand connectors)
- Understandable - Free, easy-to-follow web tutorials and example code downloads
- Autonomous - Touch, light and infrared sensors let the Shield-Bot navigate on its own
- Expandable - Additional sensors and hardware expansion kits are available to get the most out of your robot
Learn robotics, electronics, and programming with this versatile kit and its accompanying step-by-step lessons. The Board of Education Shield plugs into your own Arduino (not included) and mounts on the popular Boe-Bot robot chassis.
With this kit and your own Arduino module, you can follow the Robotics with the Board of Education Shield for Arduino lessons with over 40 hands-on activities.
The original Robotics with the Boe-Bot text for the BASIC Stamp® microcontroller has enjoyed worldwide popularity with teachers and hobbyists, and has been translated into seven languages.
The tutorial will walk you through the following:
Ordering information: Kit contents include Board of Education Shield PCB; High-quality aluminum robot chassis, continuous rotation servos, and wheels; 5-cell AA battery pack; All the electronic components and sensors needed for the Robotics activities; All the assembly hardware needed (nuts, screws, and standoffs); and Parallax Screwdriver.