Introduce junior and senior high school students to the world of microscopy with inexpensive, unbreakable microslides. Microslides consist of a strip of film with eight photomicrographs, each reproduced exactly as you would see them through a professional microscope under ideal conditions. You can supply all your students with their own microslides. A detailed text folder is included. Viewers are available separately.
Old atoms never die. Atoms that may have once belonged to a dinosaur may now be in your blood and tissues. This set shows students how the microscopic world helps to keep the world ecosystem in balance as it follows the on-going cycle of producers, consumers and decomposers. The set features one strip of eight images. Also included is a key to image descriptions.
1. Algae – Diatom (200x) / Pediastrum (200X)
2. Protozoa – Blepharisma (200x) / Suctorian (200X)
3. Starfish embryos (200X)
4. Arthropods – Cyclops (10X)
5. Nematodes (40X)
6. Virus on E. coli (60,000X)
7. Fungi – Penicillium (200X)
8. Bacteria – Spirillum (400X)