Introduce junior and senior high school students to the world of microscopy with inexpensive, unbreakable microslides. Microslides consist of a strip of film with eight photomicrographs, each reproduced exactly as you would see them through a professional microscope under ideal conditions. You can supply all your students with their own microslides. A detailed text folder is included. Viewers are available separately.
This set introduces students to and helps them understand that amazing organism called the Hydra. The detailed photomicrographs reveal the Hydra's structure and show how it makes its "living".
1. External structure - wm/st (8X)
2. Tentacles - wm/st (80X)
3. Food capture - wm (11X)
4. Internal structure - ls/st (130X)
5. Digestion - cs/st (340X)
6. Male with buds and testes - wm/st (17X)
7. Female with bud and ovary - wm/st (14X)
8. Female with embryos - wm/st (12X)